Followers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Everyone should learn to listen carefully first before making their voices.

Everyone should learn to listen carefully first before making their voices.

Why? I believe my personal situation today can be a good example.

I was on the way back to family gathering today, but I got lost in a place with same address but different township and I couldn’t get out of it (wrong address is another story). Everyone was calling me giving me direction, which I really appreciated; but one thing interesting was everyone was giving me direction before asking me where exactly I was. When I said I was near a big hospital (which is known locally), people seemed to not get what I said, they just told me to “you go that way, and then after sometime when you see the billboard, don’t mind it! Just keep going, and then turn right, after sometime just go left, when you drive for a while, go left again, and you will find a big road……)

Can anyone understand what the above is saying? Right, I don’t understand either! But everyone seemed to expect me to follow what they said, which is impossible because I hadn’t pointed out my location yet, besides I’m not from local! Funniest thing was a person asked me to “listen, I tell you, in front of you is a river, now you should turn around! Don’t go straight! Turn around!” AFTER I said twice that the river and the hospital were at my right hand side. Yes, after I stressed my location and the person still thought (or insisted) that the river was in front of me until I had to shout “STOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!! I-am-now-heading-south, the-river-and-the-hospital-are-AT-MY-RIGHT! RIGHT-HAND-SIDE!” then thing got better from this moment on.

Is this always the way people communicate? I mean: always voice before asking what the real situation is? And always expect others to understand their own knowledge in mind?

But I still appreciate their helps, really.

What a day…

No comments:

Post a Comment