Followers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Only God Knows

every day after work i always drag myself home with extreme tiredness. today is no exception, but a little bit different, because when i hopped off the train and got out from the MRT station, i heard a girl moaning to me while i was walking. i looked to where the sound came from, and saw the girl in green thin jacket didn't look well. to me she said she swallowed some pills last night and didn't feel right at the moment, and asked me if i know any small hospital nearby. i took out my phone and was going to dial 119, but she wasn't willing to take 119. her reason is she doesn't have insurance (not "doesn't have insurance card"). at this moment something came into my mind: i started a little doubting her motivation, wondering what plans could be in her mind, what she would ask me for. an old lady nearby came and tried to get what was going on, and then she started to ask the girl some questions like why she didn't want to go to big hospital, why she was going now instead of last night after swallowing the pills. she then asked me if i could lend her NT100, she said she could give me her phone number so i can dial and prove it right away. dilemma was in my mind, i didn't really know what i should do. it was not because of NT100, it was the thought "what if she is really in difficulty?" and then i decided to give her NT100 without proving it by dialing.

on the way home i was kind of sad because of my first thought of mistrust. but now i reckon i did the right thing: i didn't dial the number. i don't know what would happen after dialing it, but i suppose if i would dial, i would use my own hand phone instead of using a public one to make my own number unknown. better to keep my own number secret, as for the NT100, well, i would persuade myself that "what if she was really in need?"

No comments:

Post a Comment