Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Ride Before 113km Triathlon

113km triathlon race happened yesterday at Tai-Dong, originally i was going to drive with Jovi's family, but just when i mentioned this to parents two weeks ago, father rebuked this idea immediately. In the beginning i was a bit unhappy hearing it, but very soon later another idea popped up in my mind: "why not ride from Zuo-Ying to Tai-Dong?" Checked up route and distance, counted what i would have to bring along, made up my mind, then...replaced by excitement!!

I do have the idea of buying a car of my own, but this idea of riding in my beloved South Taiwan...even better.

At Zuo-Ying

Took first train (high speed railway) to Zuo-Ying, arrived at 8:30am. Unpacked the bike, packed up all stuff in my bag (6kg i guess...), then set off. The weather was warm and fabulous. Here all the riders and drivers were waiting for train's passing. The crossover of this type is quite rare in great Taipei nowadays, so seeing this and waiting here gave me a sensation of childhood memory.


At Ping-Dong county
 Things I love about South Taiwan include: it's very green; weather's good; people are enthusiastic and never shy giving cyclists a cheer-up shout. "ADD OIL!!!" so they say; more drivers give way to cyclists than those in Taipei; foods are cheap and delicious...etc etc.


At Ping-Dong county
Actually I wanted to take the photo for the sign, but my helmet blocked the view. lol!!! Says 105km to Tai-Dong county.


Near Ken-Ding
I love mountain and sea. Should grab some time for scuba diving...

Border between Tai-Dong and Ping-Dong
Here I called to mom and told her I have already arrived in Tai-Dong (actually not) and everything was fine.   (Well...i was more or less right because i was in Tai-Dong indeed, just in Tai-Dong county, not Tai-Dong city where i was heading for)

At Daren Township
Starving!!!!

65km to Tai-Dong city 
Here was the end of good weather. I was fumbling for raincoat and changing from clipless pedal shoes to slippers.)


28km to Tai-Dong city
Here i had to pull over because i found my T-shirt was totally soaked and was dripping like waterfall! It was due to warmness in the raincoat, not rain. That's why i usually don't put on raincoat while riding in rain.

Arrived at Tai-Dong! after over 180km distance ride.

Next Day: Ready for the Race

No comments:

Post a Comment