Followers

Monday, September 21, 2009

across the sun moon lake - Sep 20th 2009

How can i not participate this fabulous activity especially swimming is my favourite one? I had been waiting for this trip since months ago, but just two days before the trip, i had gout that nearly stopped me from going for it. It was dreadfully painful, i know it must have happened due to the food i had on wednesday with Dana and her mom. On the following thursday and friday i had been too busy to remember drinking enough water, and this was the reason that caused high urine acid, and that led to gout.





i couldn't walk at all during the midnight. Even getting to toilet seemed the most difficult thing in the world, why? because my left ankle was so painful to the point that no matter i lifted it, put it down, put it sideway, it hurt and felt like something was staying inside the joint and trying to tear apart my ankle. NOTHING was comparable to this pain.









Fortunately, i tried to drink as much water as i could and the plan worked. Next day, Saturday morning, though it was painful as still, my ankle could move a little bit. I tried hard going to a clinic in Hou-Li for some pills easing pain as well as releasing urine acid. Thank God, the pills were effective and i was able to walk by the evening (sometimes stumble though). Of course my plan of swimming across Sun Moon Lake was able to remain, it was a really really great relief!






Every time i swam, 1,000 meters usually took me 25 minutes, so i supposed the Sun Moon Lake's 3,300 meters would take me about one and a half hour or even longer. But it took me just one hour and ten minutes! Surprise! i don't even know how i made it, all i remember was keep freestyling whenever there were no people ahead, and use breaststroke or "side breaststroke" , which was invented by me, to overtake other swimmers. As there were no guide cables, my swimming pattern was like zigzag, sometimes to the most left, and sometimes to the farthest right, and that made the total distance much farther than 3,300 meters. But anyway it was really a great fun and challenging. Not only was I excited before the trip, but even now same feeling remained still!






this picture was taken around noon time. i got up half past 9am, so one can see that there were just too many people involving in! crazy!









finally not many swimmers left. it was nearly 3 or 4pm.


After lunch me and Jessie scootered around the lake, and on the highest place of the road we spent sometime chatting, enjoying the breezing wind and the spetacular scene. Time frozen, it was so quiet...