Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 5 (8/26) Happy Painting

As soon as I got to New Heaven, I asked Dav the Muslim guy if I could do scuba diving today. He said yes but I had to finish some chapters of a manual book, then do the diving probably tomorrow. I was going to read it, but another lady in our group reckoned that they couldn’t really teach me without getting paid (it cost 9000 Bhat), so….well, just let it go~ uh~ Then I joined teachers in doing some conservation painting: bins, wood board, painted with “Save Ko Tao” and some cute or brilliant pictures. I was gonna paint Shrek holding a flag written “保護Ko Tao島” with a turtle passing by, but the Shrek turned into be an alien actually. Well, what can you say? My painting skill is not that good! But the green alien drew some scuba diverss and tourists’ attention, and they said “it’s good” and then came chatting with me, so it was not bad, haha!A British Chinese lady named Chew came join us today. She’s a real traveler. Two years ago she was out of a stable relationship, and early this year she got laid off, so this was where she started her traveling. Her parents were born in Hong Kong, but she couldn’t speak too much Cantonese because her parents and sisters all spoke English to her, which she thought was stupid. And before travelling in China, she took Chinese course one time a week, and then she spent three months in some provinces in China, she was brave! We had a long chat about each of our lives, and she said she doesn’t believe God, but she believed there is some kind of force putting everything this way. If it were not because of lay-off, if there were no end of relationship, she would probably stay where she was and could never ever manage to explore new things and become a better and braver girl. It was an excellent conversation I’ve ever had, I could see confidence in her eyes, her skin color was a beautiful dark. This is the kind of conversation I’ve loved: sharing life experiences with each other, this is not the one I can get back in Taiwan. I can never treasure it more.




The project of the day for volunteer teachers is conservation painting. In the picture were me, Sophia (up right) and Jo (down right).



"CIG BUTTS -->" said Jo.



Just make it clear, in red colour were its throat and tongue... (in comic book they are painted this way, aren't they?)




"保護Ko Tao島" for "Save Ko Tao Island" (i should have put sea turtle instead of tortoise...)



while we were painting, the other group was making something like a shelter for snappers. in the pic was Chad, he and other team members were ready to put the shelter down in the sea, tight it up with one brick on each base tip. i wanted to join, but this was not the project i did, which was really a shame.



everybody loved this sea turtle. it was brilliant!




"wear your clothes more than once" <--i like this.


mine was not coloured very well..............hahaha!! i have never done painting well~



after the painting we all people grouped together for a very nice dinner at Whitening. Matt and his girlfriend Christine were leaving the island for Manchester tomorrow, which was sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment