Followers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

family gathering at Lu Gang - Feb 16th

this was our paternal family's must-do annual activity which happened on the third day of the Chinese New Year. Maternal one was one day ahead actually, but i didn't bring my camera so there were no pictures for blogging...(well, i'm sorry, next time i will definitely bring it!)

as usual my family set off at around quarter past 8am, but yesterday i had done some research on the route and found the restaurant is quite close to ARTC, so we arrived there a bit earlier than expected under my guide. the weather was gloomy, but it didn't bother me strolling around this place. before long i trotted on the lane leading to Tian-Hou temple.


it's always good to have convenient store like FamilyMart or 7-11 alongside. at the front was a massive hung bell at which people knocked for a year's fortunate and prosperity. actually loads of people were in the queue waiting to do it.


see the large crowded there


and a cup of latte in my hand


the house of my great grandfather born in late Qing dynasty. it is old enough to be a 3rd level historical site.


Brooke Shields, charming~ artists of 80's and 90's always seem attractive to me.


this must be a license plate of at least 20 years time!


entering into grandparents' room


where my grandparents live is called three-section compound, or San-He-Yuan in Chinese, which is a central building with the other two perpendicularly attaching to its both sides, and hence forms a large playground in the middle. when i was around 6 or 7 years of age, the playgrond was covered with dust and mud instead of nowaday's tarmac. left building, which has probably become a storage room, was for breeding farming cows with whose help grandfather planted crops like corn and peanut, which my family had received annually for like 10 years at least. (for the grace of their help, my grandfather did not allow us to eat steak or beef noodles.) further over the road was a massive bamboos, and it becomes another building now. the girl in black long coat and pink scarf is my younger sister, who was 4 to 5 years old. time flies!
the central building, and that is still my younger sister


address plate