Followers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Letter for the Lord

Lord, firstly I want to thank You for giving me this piece of paper to write down the words I want to say to You. I am sitting at a Barista Coffee in the centre of town, looking at the beautifully sunny weather outside, with a cup of fine Capuccino and good book, thinking of all the good deeds You have made happen in my favour...

Lord, thank You very much.

Still remember I had been still grudging things that didn't come my way, yet not until recently did I come to realise that a thankful heart is the key from You that leads to happiness. Things like my dream of working abroad, criticism, hectic job had made me miserable, well, more accurately, I was the one who had been making it. Sometimes, however, when I was sitting at any coffee shop like I am doing right now, I always thought to myself that "there might be something missing, something that I'm too hard-headed to see, to face and to accept them." To do Your work is the key, and I understand now.

To appreciate things I have, to enjoy family love and friendship, to work hard on hectic work that actually far more people are craving, even to enjoy the motorbike You have given me, to spend time on volunteering using the salary, to do something more meaningful, to construct, to aspire, to encourage, to understand, etc etc, to me these are the key, these are Your work that leads to peace and happiness. Today I found myself able to talk with newcomers already. When they're speaking out of their hearts, sharing, and in the meaningwhile I'm not focused on only myself, I start to feel their happiness, sorrow, I start to understand, then the conversation just happens. It's good, it feels great, I mean, it's really wonderful, 'cause I'm not afraid anymore!

Look at the outside, I don't have to work on Sunday, isn't this good? Even if I have to , it's still great because it means I'm not laid off, I have what it takes for this, and, well, I'm alive!

You are the key, I mean, YOU ARE the key (that will never snap of course!)

Eugene

No comments:

Post a Comment