Followers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 2 (8/23) Koh Tao Island

Steve told me a few days before that I would have a busy schedule on Sunday so I must leave the hotel at 5pm. I didn’t realize why it had to be in such a rush but I did now. On the ticket it said I will arrive at Ko Tao at around 2:45pm…”what the…! It’s 6am now, and it means the whole trip will take 9 hours totally!” As Steve was going to office for some other business so I would be on my own the whole trip to Ko Tao, exciting!
But I still could not believe I had slept for 2 hours only and managed to wake up at 4:30am. After 20 minutes lie-in I took a quick shower and then went downstairs waiting for Steve. He was already there well before me, being beaten by mosquitoes 5 times in 10 minutes while surfing internet, crazy! The trip would take a long time though, it was good for me to take a nap. Actually I had been sleeping on coach and ferry. Thailand is of course bigger than Taiwan, it’s normal to take some time to the next place, but anyway it was good.
I was extremely impressed by the beautifulness as soon as I got to the ferry port: clear and sunny sky, different scene from Taiwan’s, and more than that, a bunch of hot girls! This did give me more expectation of Ko Tao Island, and indeed it doesn’t let me down. Water activities are quite popular here, and were there enough time I would really much like to try scuba diving and snorkelling…unfortunately, scuba diving takes 4 days training, and I would be here for just 4 days more! Shit, I hated my boss!
Chan Tao was the coordinator of my project, she was a very lovely girl. My ferry was delayed for an hour, however, as soon as I got off and walked for one minute or two I saw her lifting a board with my name written on it just like Steve did last night. Chan Tao was very chatty, kind, lovely, with beautiful British accent, were there any chance I would wish us going out. I needed to sleep now as I was feeling tired. Tomorrow I was sure there will be a lot more going on. I would meet a guy named Chad from the United States and I would be working the project with him. Things getting more exciting and I was really looking forward to it!




Feeling bored on the coach


Finally got to the ferry port at Chumpon. It was gonna take two hour ferry to the island.


Mae Haad bungalow.


No air con though, it gave more atmosphere to the volunteering.


The muzzle covered one kept barking at me, but i was really in the mood and when i got closer to him and was gonna touch him, soon he was quiet down. The Black one was like a good friend, very gentle.


See!! (100 bhat for licking me alright!!??)

No comments:

Post a Comment