Followers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 3 (8/24) Snorkeling

It was hard to get up this morning. I was chatting with Nora and surfing my facebook, it was a great quiet night. Ko Tao is a wonderful place for scuba diving, snorkeling, and a good place for couples to enjoy. I have no girlfriend and I don’t really want to have one at the moment, but this kind of atmosphere still charged me with some kind of energy. That means: I stayed up too late last night! I should have gone to bed earlier!
After having breakfast with Chan who was setting off to the immigration to renew her visa, I rent a motorbike and then set off to New Heaven Diving School. The responsible person was Chad an American guy, whose style was pretty much like Emilio: same hair style but different color, same eyes, same way of talking, the only big difference is Emilio speaks Spanish and good English, and Chad’s a native English speaker. He told me there had been no manufacturing bio-diesel fuel since a couple of weeks ago (wth!) because of the election in Ko Tao Island, but the activity of the day was snorkeling and spotting Coral Reefs and jotting down their life conditions, which is a survey as the amount of Coral Reefs are decreasing year by year. The survey is going to help people realize how the situation is going and what people can do to stop making it worse.
It was a good sunny day today. We were on water surface and I was totally into the blue world. Though in the beginning I didn’t get used to breathing in and out through mouth as well as the snorkel because it kind of made my gum feel painful, but it turned into easy soon after and it felt perfect floating and drifting on water. After sometime when my survey was done, a guy who was not a part of our group asking me if I want to see a shark, then before I gave him a nod he was leading me ahead. And then, before I could see any big or tiny Shark, he turned around and then disappeared!
In my group there are folks from the UK (majority), Greece (one), and America (one), and other countries (some). The thing that frustrated me a lot was I still couldn’t understand the slang they were using and it was really hard to catch them up. We were talking about teaching tomorrow after getting back from the water but there were so many spoken languages that I couldn’t get. To be honest I have no idea how I’m going to deal with it tomorrow but let’s see. I felt kind of lucky that teaching now is just a small part of the activity. Ha~When I got back to my bungalow, I saw myself in the mirror, tanned skin except for my bum, which is totally the way I want! Haha! Wish tomorrow there would be enough time for more sun bathing.
Me and Chantelle my coordinator who said it was very bad timing to photograph a girl in the early morning.
On my rent half manual motorcycle to New Heaven.
Here it was.
Set of after Chad's excellent presentation about Coral Reefs.
Me with snorkel, one shot before jumping down.
Toe peeling off. It was resulted from last week's long walk while carrying daily necessity to Shan Mei tribal village.
"Ko Tao" means turtle, so there is a sea turtle at the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment