Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Morakot Night

Last Thursday afternoon before getting off from work, the radio released a news of no work no school on the next day the island wide. All folks were excited and started preparing to go home except for me because my stuff and dirty clothes were still in my accomodation. The shuttle bus was about to set off in a half hour, and it would take probably more time for me to pack up. So i decided to stay up sometime and go home on my motorbike.

The rain had been heavy when i was about to leave office. Just when i was on the way to accomodation it became to pour and my jeans got really wet up to my underpants. That night I wasn't able to leave because the rain and wind were too strong. The next day I spent the whole day on reading the story book "Outcast", listening to ICRT, making a song request, having instant noodles. I fell asleep around 4pm and didn't wake up until 9pm and i found the electricity supply seemed to have stopped for some time. The darkness of the room and outside gave more atmosphere of typhoon day which most of us had experienced during our childhood. Still, noodles, radio, less heavy rain but still strong wind blowing...man~ there is nothing better than this moment!

Electricity supply came again around half past 10pm. The weather forecast on TV said that the eye of Morakot was not coming just yet, but the damage resulted from rain and wind would get worse in the next two days.

"Two days......today is Friday, two days after comes Sunday, which means I can't even go home!"

"Typhoon eye is coming in.........hmmm......" thought my mind.

What happens in typhoon eye is usually not as terrible as that in other areas, or it can be said in a typhoon eye is usually stillness or peace. With hesitation, I started up my motorbike and set off. It was about 1am.

Actually the weather was much better than i expected, except for the wind was so strong as to make my motorcycle sway. It was even worse when riding on a bridge. With carelessness my motorcycle and i might be blown to smash the fense and fall down to the churning river. Except for this all was good! No rain all the way to Taipei, sometimes there was even a glimmer of moon light!

The next day Saturday the weather turned bad again and i was grateful for God's protection all the way and for the best timing. It's great to be home.

The video was recorded when I just left my accomodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment